Abac Musings

A foreign teacher at ABAC (Assumption University of Thailand) is often thought of as being a token teacher for his/her native English abilities. This Blog is "musings" about living while teaching in an international university in Southeast Asia in one of the most exotic cities in the world - Bangkok.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Back to School (Our Wat School)

Today my friend G came by with a pickup and we hauled three of my computers to the wat school. He got lost trying to find our house and assured him that there are at least 100,000 people lost in Bangkok at any given moment.

We took two Mac II ci's and my Mac 9500 with a G3 300mhz processor. The two little Macs can be used for the little kids to pound around on and learn about computers. Next week we will deliver one more computer (my Performa 6400) and a couple of monitors. I left the 40 or so CDs with G for next time.

While G and I were setting up the computers my wife went to the 4th grade room as before and taught the kids to speak a little English and to count to ten in both English and Chinese. Their regular teacher had to go to a teachers' seminar today. Sunee had a lot of fun.

We return next Tuesday and I will take some pictures of the Macs and the students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home